With Thanksgiving coming up, and a stressful week behind me, I actually took the time to think of everything that’s good in my life that I have to be thankful for. If you think about it, the big, the small, even the things you take for granted, there is always something to be thankful for. It may be my overly-optimistic outlook on life (that drives Jon crazy) kicking in but I think I have lived a very privileged life, surrounded by things to be thankful for. Just some of the things that make the top of the list…
I am thankful for:
1. The Aggies winning a football game
2. My family and friends who give love and support and encouragement
3. Thanksgiving food: bring on mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce and stuffing and rolls and pie and turkey and etc.
4. A high metabolism to take care of the damage Thanksgiving food does to my body
5. Colder weather started to make an appearance in Texas
6. Living in Texas
7. The opportunity to get a good education studying what I love
8. The time of year for it to be appropriate to watch Christmas movies
9. Having my family together for the Texas A&M-t.u. game
10. The man who has been there for me through thick and thin (for almost 2 years), Jon
Be thankful! You’ll be happy you did. Or listen as Bing Crosby puts it perfectly here in my favorite Christmas movie of all time, White Christmas.